This lesson will guide you through the steps you can take to swap out a course that has been incorrectly assigned to a student or section.
After these singular student steps, you can read on to see steps for swapping a course for a whole class.
If a student(s) should stay in the same section/timeblock taught by the same teacher, but needs to show with a different course on their schedule, report cards, or transcript, these are the steps you can take to swap that course!
NOTE: You cannot swap a course for a student(s) or whole class if the credit settings for the current course are different than the new course. You can add more than one course to a section and swap student schedules accordingly; however, do not remove a course from a section on the Edit section page. That will result in a removal of student data for students who have schedules tied to that course!
The swap feature should be used to correct clerical errors. Do NOT use the swap feature at the end of a term as a way to schedule the student to another class.
Where to Start
Log into the school site for the class you which to edit in your Control Panel (if you aren’t already ).
1. Click on the Scheduling tab.
2. Under Live Schedule, select Live Sections.
3. Search for the section ID that you wish to swap the course for and click Submit.
4. Click on the Edit icon next to that section.
5. Once on the Edit page, type in the course ID (or search through options via the dropdown menu) for the course you want to swap in the ‘Add a New Course’ field.
6. A pop up box will appear asking you to confirm adding this new course, click Yes, then click Save.
Next, click on the Students tab, and under General select Search 2.0. Look up the ID of the student in which you need to swap that new course. Once found click on the Student's name.
7. You will land on the student's demographics page, under Quick Nav, select Schedule 2.0.
8. Click on the newly added course that shows in grey italics next to the original one.
9. A pop-up box will appear with the option to: 1) End the selected record on a particular day and create a new one for the new course or 2) Update the roster record to reflect the student being in that new course as of their first day in that class. Select whichever option applies to this situation.
10. Click Ok and you have officially swapped a course for a student!
How to Swap a Course for a Whole Class
Follow Steps #1 - #4 above.
4. Once on the Edit page for that section, click on the back and forth arrow button next to the current course.
5. A pop up box will show in which you can select a Replacement/New course.
6. After you click Save Course Swap, you have officially swapped a course for a class!