This lesson will guide you through the use of viewing a log for a Custom Form. It allows an Administrator to select a student and view information on what was updated per contact, per form sent.
This is a permission based feature. The permission that must be enabled for use is 'View Custom Form Audit Logs' under the "Manage Forms" heading in permissions.
Where to Start
1. Go to the Admin Cog Wheel.
2. Select Custom Form Audit Logs.
Custom Form Logs
The log searches by student. Each selection made triggers available data in the next field. The following fields on this page are required:
- Select the Student you wish to view log information for.
- Select which Contact you wish to view log information for, the contacts dropdown will only contain contacts that were sent a form. Available Contacts who completed a form will appear based on the student selected.
- Based on which contact you selected, choose the Form you wish to view the log for. This dropdown will only contain the forms sent to a contact.
- Based on the selected form, select available Window Dates you wish to view. This dropdown will only contain the window dates the form was sent to the selected contact.
- Click View Logs to begin your audit or review.
Audit Log Overview
Below is an example of what the log may display.
- Most Recent forms or changes will be made available up top.
- For every Page that has a change within a form, you will see a new row or record of information.
- Values that have been changed will show both the original value and changed value. If not changed occurred but data was confirmed, it will be blank.
Warning: If enabling the editing of Contacts in Custom Forms, it is suggested that:
-Verbiage is provided that any contact edits should not result in full name changes to avoid data inaccuracies. It is also recommended to provide instructions to parents to contact the site, should a contact need to be deleted.
-When reviewing responses, it is recommended to use the Custom Form Audit Logs to ensure no existing contact has had the name change, to reflect a new contact.
Need to resend a new form? Visit Find Custom Form Recipients.