The following is a calendar that paces the report card building process in an appropriate timeline of 6-8 weeks. This sample is just an example of how to successfully implement and build report card successfully, setting up a successful rest of the year.
Where to Start
The Report Card creation process can be timely, but is imperative to a successful implementation of Illuminate Report Cards and other modules such as Gradebooks and Assessments if being used. It is important to consider the following before beginning the creation process:
- Make sure final versions of all Report Cards are completed, final, and approved for the academic year. They are not to be changed in the middle of the year or during the creation process.
- Communicate any changes, implementations, or new grading procedures before introducing the new or newly revised Report Card. The Report Card typically reflects current practices at the site or district. It is highly advised that teachers are aware of the Report Card prior to the end of the grading period.
- Give yourself plenty of time to build, making room for testing and troubleshooting. Especially for the first round of report cards (typically the first grading period), take time to troubleshoot, revise, and edit to best refine Report Card components. This sets you up for easy Report Card setup for the rest of the year.
- Communicate and discuss the process with your Implementation Manager. They are here to support and guide you, giving the best advise and feedback about such procedures, training, implementation, and structure.
- Register for in-house Report Card Workshops (when available) for live, in-person training. Contact your Implementation Manager for details.
Report Card Building Calendar
Now that you have reviewed the Report Card process, get started by visiting the For Admin (Setup) Manual.