This lesson reviews how to create a Report Card for each set of students to receive a report card. The Report Card will put all the pieces and setup together in one place and the actual PDF template of the report card.
Where to Start
- Click Grades.
- Under Report Card Administration, select Report Cards.
3. Click Create Report Card.
Create the Report Card
- Enter the report card Name as appropriate such as Third Grade Trimester 1 or Gr. 3-6 Semester 2. This should match your current and existing template or document.
- Select the report card Type, which defaults to Primary. This means this card is the primary report card for a student. Any additional report cards would be considered Supplemental. An example of this would be if a Third Grader received a grade level report card and an additional report card for English Learner or ELD Progress.
- By default, the selected Site is the District or Organization. Only if the report card is for a specific school site would a site be selected here.
- Enter a Description to provide more details about the report card. This can only be seen on the Report Card List or where you manage all report cards.
- By default, the Academic Year will default to the current academic year, so no need to place it in the title.
- By default, the Session Type is set to Normal school year.
- Select the Grading Period Number to match the designated grading period as created in Step 2 - Set Grading Periods. This is extremely important to match the designated grading period because this is how gradebook and other date defined data is collected on the report card. Report Cards can have the same grading period assigned to them.
- By default, Use at Child Sites is selected to Yes. This means that all sites within the selected District can use this report card.
- Select to confirm the Print Group, which ensures the right document contains the correct data. Print Groups typically match the report card document, created in Step 4 - Create Print Groups.
- Now you will select the Field Groups that make up the entry screen for teachers for the report card. Click the check box to select all of the field groups on the report card.
- If you select the Share icon, it will provide a pop-up window of how that specific Field Group was shared to users. This allows for while the report card contains the field group, only users that have this Field Group shared to them, will see it on their individual entry screen.
To review building, managing, and sharing of Field Groups, visit Step 7 - Create Report Card Field Groups.
- Select the Student Group this report card belongs to.
To review building, managing, and sharing of Student Groups, visit Step 3 - Create a Student Group.
Enable Attendance and Other Options
- For ISI Clients and DnA clients automating attendance, the ability to Enable Attendance means that attendance fields will be available to pull attendance data automatically for each grading period onto the report card. The fields will be available on the mapping step of this process.
- By default, the option to Enable Fill-down for Single Student is set to No. This means you are allowing for a single value can be filled down for ALL fields, regardless of how you set them up. This is a good thing, unless your report card is specifically allowing for this. In short, keep this to No unless you were otherwise advised in support of your set up.
- When ready, select Create Report Card.
Report Cards need to be shared with users as a final step of accessing the report card and field groups for students.
- Under the Shared With column, you can review if and with whom the Report Cards have been shared with:
- If the Shared With section is left blank, the report card has not been shared and will not be available for report card entry, printing, or viewing
- If the Shared With section has users (3), the report card has been shared and will be available for report card entry, printing, or viewing
- If there are no users present in the Shared With section, select Name of the Report Card > Edit Teacher Permissions to update and add shared users
- If there are users present in the Shared With section, select the Current Users to update and add shared users
Now that each Report Card template has been created, learn how to Map and Layout the Report Card!