One of the most important pieces that is embedded along the way of Report Card setup is to review sharing, print, and test entry along the way. Sharing controls which users have access to field groups and fields for entry on a specific student. Printing report cards along the way will help to catch aesthetic or mapping errors especially for comments, fields displaying custom report values, and formatting such as size and text. Testing Entry is helpful and as administrator or those with permission, if shared, it is easy to see how the entry screen works, how data is visible to the user, or (without sharing) how become a user can be a useful tool.
Where to Start
- Go to Grades.
- To see an overview of how Field Groups are shared, select Field Groups.
- To see an overview of how Report Cards are shared, select Report Cards.
After Report Cards and Field Grops have been shared, it is important to test and take a look at the entry screen:
- The entry screen will show the order of the field groups and fields, which is recommended to be sorted similar to the report card
- As an administrator or those with visibility to see outside their rosters, you will have to use student select filters to drill down
- If working from the District Level, you may have to select a site via the Control Panel in order to see available users and students
- It is not recommended to enter fake data (because it is tied to the student and you may forget to remove it), but take a look at Field Groups and Fields that are tied to in-house data such as Gradebook, Assessments, Custom Report values, or other student information
Print Report Cards
It is important to print a report card to see how the values and data appear aesthetically and visually on the printed PDF copy. Refer to Print Report Cards for details on printing:
- As an administrator or those with visibility to see outside their roster, you will have to use student select filters to drill down
- If no data is entered, only values from a custom report or previously housed with Illuminate will be seen
- Continue to work with mapping and layout, editing and adjusting fields and formatting when necessary
Congratulations! You are finished with the Report Card process! Great work! Continue to troubleshoot for the current grading period and refining all the pieces.
Check out Tools for Elementary Report Card Admin to more on Report Cards.