This lesson will guide you through the process of setting custom Value Scales. These Value Scales can be set overall, for all grades going from the gradebook to the report card, OR they can be set field by field. Value Scale customizations are managed via the Data Links page.
Teachers who have the permission to setup data links between their gradebooks and the district report card can also be given the ability to overwrite and customize the Value Scale (Grade Scale) when grades are passed from the gradebook to the report card.
Required Permission: Allow Teacher Value Scale Customization
Where to Start
- Click on the Grades tab .
- Under Report Cards, select Data Links.
Adding custom value scales
- Select the Grading Period.
- Click Load.
- Use the drop down menu to select the Report Card you want this to apply to.
- Click Load Report Card.
Customizing Value Scales
Once the Report Card Data Links are loaded, find the Manual Field Links Section.
- Click on the ? icon.
- 'Click Here to Customize Value Scales' to make your customization.
- Enter your customized lower bounds. Note that the current default lower bounds are visible to the left.
- At the bottom of the page, find 'Select fields to also apply the customized scales'. Use the check boxes to select other field groups you would like to apply this customized scale to. Only fields that were using the original scale will show up to apply this one to.
- Click Save.
Once saved, you will receive the message, 'Scale saved successfully'.
The Customized Lower Bound of Rubric text scales cannot be edited form the Customize Value Scales screen.
How can I check that my customization has been applied?
At the top of the page, navigate back to Report Card Data Links.
Under Manual Field Links, select the ? icon again. It should now reflect the custom scale you input.
To learn more, visit Advanced Elementary Report Card Setup for Admin.