If it is the first time secondary sites are publishing grades and sending home report cards, a couple of measures should be taken. The following are Illuminate recommendations for ensuring grades are posted successfully.
1. After teachers post grades, but before they publish final grades (aka click the Publish button), they should verify that grades are accurate on their screen. Any student who should not receive a grade should not be submitted, etc.
2. Once grades are published, teachers should download the Excel file of the published grades. This is for their records.
Class/Section Grade Check
After teachers publish grades, final grades can be verified for all sections/students.
To do so, go to Reports > List Reports > select Prebuilts > open the Grade Posting Log. See the 'Grade Posting Log' help document for further information.
They should check the log for each class during this grading period:
- Do the grades look right?
- Is anyone missing?
- Did someone receive grades that should not have received a grade?
The front office can verify that all grades have been published prior to printing by running the Missing Grades report.
To do so, go to Grades > Missing Grades then select the Session, Grading Period, Teachers and Courses to be verified.
Report Card Check
Before mailing report cards home, sites should spot check report cards for several students:
- Are grades accurate?
- Are credits accurate?
- Are GPA's accurate?
- Did the address information print correctly?
- Do you notice anything odd or out of place?
Edit Grades by Student
If a student is missing a grade, or a grade is not printing onto a Secondary Report Card, review the Edit Grades by Student page.
- If you see "(none)" this means there was no grade posted by the teacher for the course for the grading period.
- If you see a grade mark, this is enough to print on Secondary Report Cards.
- If the grade is missing from transcripts, this means the grade was saved/posted but the section of grades has not been published. To publish the section, go to our Secondary Report Card Grade Entry when NOT using the Illuminate Gradebook help document.
If you do not see the grading period you are trying to audit, change your Control Panel so that the Enrollment/Roster date falls within the dates of the grading period you're wanting to look at.