This lesson will guide you through the process of editing/deleting a student grade after publishing. This is a permissions based feature and must be turned on by your District Illuminate Administrator.
Where to Start
1. Click on Grades.
2. Under Editing, select Edit Grades by Student.
Find a Student
1. You will be taken to the Student Search page, find the student you would like to edit grades for.
2. Click on the student's name to access their grades.
Edit a Grade
1. Make your edits using the dropdown menus.
2. Is Repeat- Check if this grade should be flagged as a repeat grade on a student's transcript.
3. Max Credit Override- Check if the credits given for this grade should override any max credit settings for this course in course details.
4. Is Locked- Check if this grade should be locked from editing on the Edit Grades by Section page. (Note: The permission tied to this option is called Lock or Unlock Student Grades.)
5. When finished, click either Save or Save and Return.
You will receive a success message stating, "Student grade has been successfully saved."
Deleting a Grade
In order to delete a student grade, the grade needs to be un-published first. Individual student grades can not be un-published - it needs to be done for the whole section.
Navigate to Grades > Unpublish Grades.
1. Select the appropriate final grading period you want to delete for > search for the section ID in the top search box.
2. Click Unpublish button next to that section. Access to this page is permission-based.
3. Go to Grades > Edit Grades by Student > search for the student ID you want to delete a grade for
4. On the resulting page, click on the grade that shows in blue you want to delete.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the resulting page and click on the red Delete button. This is permission-based.
6. Go to Grades > Edit Grades by Section > select the appropriate final grading period > input in the section ID > click on that section ID that shows in blue on the resulting page.
7. On the next page scroll to the bottom and click Publish All Grades.