District Admin: Where to Start
Access the Report Card template you wish to allow School Announcements to be added to (Grades > Manage Report Cards).
1. Click on the Gears to go directly to the Options page.
2. Under 'Layout' select Yes next to 'Enable School Announcements'.
Also, you need to make sure that a block labelled 'School Announcement' has been aded to the RC template. To do this, follow the steps above, and then:
1. Click English at the top of the page and select Layout.
2. Click on the header block labelled 'School Announcement' and drag it to the place you wish to have it located on the RC.
3. Press Save.
Now, site admins can add announcements to the RC using the steps below!
Site Admin: Adding School Announcements to a RC
1. Click on the Grades tab.
2. Under Secondary Report Cards, select School Announcements.
Create a New School Announcement
This will take you to your Announcement List.
1. Click Add New School Announcement to begin a new one.
2. Give the announcement a title.
3. Type in the announcement here. There is no character limit, however, if it is too large it may run off of your RC when printed.
4. Use the dropdown menu to select which RC you would like this to display on. If you do NOT see the RC option you want here, then the District Admin has not enabled the RC for announcements.
5. Click Save. Once saved, this announcement will be on the RC when printed, note that the newest announcement created for a RC will override any older ones automatically.