This lesson will show you how to add Courses to the categories within a Course Requirement. If you have not yet created a Course Requirement category, please reference the lesson on Adding Categories to a Course Requirement.
Things to keep in mind as you are adding courses to the categories:
- If you should add a course(intentionally/accidentally) in more than one category, satisfying/completing the course will count towards all those categories.
Where to Start
1. Click Grades in the toolbar under the Illuminate logo.
2. Click Course Requirements.
1. This is a list of all of your courses (current and historical). Please choose all of the courses from this list that will satisfy this category.
2. For your list of courses chosen in step 1, do you wish to hold any priority level to those courses?
- For example, the Humanities courses (i.e. E5011, E5012 are set as Priority 2 and this category requires 10 credits to meet. When adding courses to the categories under our course requirement "Graduation Requirements," if you give the course a "Course Priority" of 1 that means that the credit for that course will go to that category first and if you give the course a 2 in another category, that means that the credit will go to that new category only if the first category's credit has been met.
Keep in mind that if a course is not set as a priority 2 for any categories and it is fulfilled in the primary category, then these credits are being "wasted."
3. By specifying a numeric value here, you can multiply the credits a course is worth by whatever numerical value you chose to enter.
- For example, if a Middle School student takes an Advanced Math course at the High School, and normally at the Middle School Math is only worth 2.5 credits, but at High School it is worth 5 credits, to give the student the full 5 credits, you would use this Course Factor tool.
4. After selecting your courses from the dropdown menu, click on the Add button to move those courses into the Linked Courses List below. If you do not want or accidentally placed a course in this list, you can select the checkbox to the right of the course name and the Remove button to move the course out of this list.