This lesson will review how to enter report card grades for a single student.
Enter Grades by Student when you are sharing rostered students. This will allow multiple teachers to enter and review grades for a student in the same class roster, without locking each other out. This is most popular in Secondary, or students scheduled to rotate within subjects and multiple teachers.
Where to Start
This lesson begins assuming you have accessed your Report Card and filtered for students. For more information, visit the Elementary Report Card Grade Entry Overview.
Select a Student
- To enter grades by student, go to the Entry by Student column
- Select the student you would like to enter grades for.
After making your selection to enter by student, field, or field group, you are able to switch seamlessly between different students, fields or field groups using the dropdown feature available in each entry screen.
When entering data using the Entry by Student option:
- Use the options made available in each box or field to enter grades for the student.
- You can also use the Jump to links to move your screen to certain Field Groups quickly, navigating you to Entry by Field Group.
- Save along the way as you proceed entering grades.
Some data may already be populated! This means data have might be arranged to pre-populate from Custom Reports, Gradebooks, or other data from DnA as designed by your team.
- To quickly switch to the next student, simply select the next student from the dropdown.
- To load the new student's report card, select Load Student.
- At any time you can Print a copy of the report card as seen on this screen. It will only print an English version of the report card.
- At any time you can also switch to the Report Card Viewer, which will navigate you to the Report Card Viewer.
Save and Publish
- Save as you are entering grades and making changes. It will highlight in bold when there are changes to be saved. A timestamp is also presented on the screen as to when the last save occurred.
- Publish is best used when you are completed with the student, before leaving the student entry screen or when done with entering grades for the time being. This also contributes to various audit reports and reporting.
Save or Publish? Both! Save, then Publish. Always.
Want to enter grades for your whole class? Visit Enter Report Card Grades by Field Group for faster entry!