Staff will not be able to use Illuminate report cards unless they have been given permission (links, access, etc.) to do so. Your District's Illuminate administrator can manage permissions (e.g., what users can access and do in the Illuminate system). This lesson will show how to manage report card permissions by role, but you may easily opt to complete the lesson for a site or user.
Where to Start
1. Click on the Admin Gear.
2. Under Users, click Permissions.
1. Select Grades as the Module (i.e., menu of options) that you would like to use when defining permissions.
2. Select a Scope: Site, Role (i.e. Teacher, Admin, etc.), Site & Role, or User.
3. Click Load.
Your permission list will populate. Use the radio buttons to make selections.
The following permissions in the Grades module should be set to "yes."
- Report Cards (Report Card Module)
- Access Report Cards
- Report Card Data Links
- Allow Teacher Value Scale Customization - Note: This is optional and depends on your district preferences
- Manage Report Card Grades for Non-rostered students
- Allow Historical Report Card Printing - Note: This is optional and depends on your district preferences
Site Admin / Other Permissions
All of the above Admin permissions can be given as well as these additional permissions:
- Elementary Report Cards
- View Grading Periods
- Manage Report Card Grades
- Print School Wide Report Cards
- School Announcements
Note: If you would like site admin or office staff to be able to create and link school announcements on a report card, but not have the ability to alter RC's in any other way, you can give them the 'School Announcements' permission.
All of the above teacher permissions can be given as well as these additional permissions:
- Manage Report Cards
- Create Grading Periods
- Edit Grading Periods
- Delete Grading Periods
- Edit Grading Period Overwrite Window
- Push Grading Periods
- Export Report Card Data
If you made changes to a permission and clicked Save, you should then see a green bar noting that the permissions saved successfully.
Now you are ready to begin Report Cards!