This lesson will guide you through inputting Report Card grades if your District is not using Illuminate's Gradebook.
Where to Start
1. Click on Grades.
2. Under 'Editing', select Edit Grades by Section OR Edit Grades by Student. Typically, you want to use Edit Grades by Section over Edit grades by student as grades can only be published fro the Edit Grades by Section page.
Edit Grades by Section
1. Select a grading period, you may also have permissions to chose to search by Teacher's Last/First Name, Course Name or Section ID.
2. Click Search.
A list of students in the specified course will populate.
3. Use the dropdown menus to input the Grade, Credits, Comments, etc.
4. When finished, at the bottom of your page click Save, Save and Return or Publish all the Grades.
Edit Grades by Student
Note: If you chose to Edit by Student, you can "Save" a grade there, but ultimately you must follow up later and do a publish via Edit by Section (recommended). Edit by Student is useful after a section is published. You can edit a specific grade for a student and save, still retaining the published status.
Once you select Edit Grades by Students:
1. Use the Student Search to find the student(s) you wish edit grades for and click Search.
2. Click on the name of the student you want to edit grades for.
3. You will be taken to the student's current schedule, to edit grades, click on (none) or the current grade for the course you wish to edit.
Once you select none, you will be taken to the 'Enter Grade Information' page.
4. Use the dropdown menus to input the Grade, Credits, Comments, etc.
5. When finished, click Save or Save and Return to go back to the previous page.
6. If you wish to navigate from here to edit a grade for another student in this course, use the 'Student' dropdown at the top of the page. Simply select another students name and click Change.