This lesson will guide you through the process of entering individual student grades using the Report Card Viewer. This allows a user to directly use the Report Card template to enter scores.
Where to Start
Click on Grades.
Under Report Cards, select Entry.
- Optional Select various Student Scope Selectors to choose which students to enter grades for
- Click Find Students to continue.
By default, selecting Find Students will provide all of your rostered students in the next screen. Only when you want to a specific student, course, or student group, would the Student Scope Selectors be helpful.
- Confirm the Grading Period of the Report Card.
- Select the Report Card to enter grades for.
- Select Load to continue.
- To enter grades by student, go to the Entry by Student column
- Select the student you would like to enter grades for.
After making your selection to enter by student, field, or field group, you are able to switch seamlessly between different students, fields or field groups using the dropdown feature available in each entry screen.
- You will land on the Entry by Student page. Select Report Card Viewer at the top of the page.
- To enter a grade, simply click in the box on the report card.
Some data may already be populated! This means data might be arranged to pre-populate from Custom Reports, Gradebooks, or other data from Illuminate as designed by your district/organization.
- A dropdown will appear with choices to choose from. Select a value from the dropdown.
- Review Valid Values about how what the options are. These typically match the report card legend and information as presented to the parent.
- To stop any changes or you have changed your mind, select Cancel.
- To continue with the entered value, select Save.
I don't see a dropdown? Depending on the box or field you chose, the value options could be different. Sometimes a calendar date, an open text field, or a dropdown. This is based on what should go in the box for that area for the student. Talk to your Illuminate System Administrator for details.
- The value should appear in the box, which display how it will print when printing report cards.
Save along the way! Select Save to protect your work.
- Your report card may have multiple pages. Check the page thumbnails at the top of the page and click to view the next page.
- To quickly switch to the next student, simply select the next student from the dropdown.
- To load the new student's report card, select Load Student.
- At any time you can Print a copy of the report card as seen on this screen. It will only print an English version of the report card.
- At any time you can also Switch to Field Entry, which will return you to Entry by Student.
- Save as you are entering grades and making changes. It will highlight in bold when there are changes to be saved. A timestamp is also presented on the screen as to when the last save occurred.
- Publish is best used when you are completed with the student, before leaving the student entry screen or when done with entering grades for the time being. This also contributes to various audit reports and reporting.
Save or Publish? Both! Save, then Publish. Always.