This lesson will guide you through the process of printing Secondary Report Cards.
Printing Secondary Report Cards relies on specific criteria to successfully print. For a report card to print for a student, they must have:
- At least one contact marked as Legal Guardian, and
- A Mailing Address
Where to Start
1. Click on Grades.
2. Under Secondary Report Cards, select Print.
Generating Report Cards
- Use the filtering options to select the exact students you would like to print for.
- Select your Report Card Template.
- Select your Grading Period.
- Select your Sort Option
- Zip Code
- Click Generate Report Cards.
Once you click Generate Report Cards, you will receive a success message, the Report Cards will generate on the Batch Jobs page. Click the Batch Jobs link to be directed to that page.
On the Batch Jobs page you will see your Report Card Job with a status of 'Running' until it is finished. Once done, you can Download your Report Cards.
Report Cards can generate en masse up to 1500 at a time. If the site you are printing report cards for has more than the allowed number for a print job, use the filters to print by grade level.
Once you have selected Report Cards to print, it is advised to run an Exception Report. An Exception Report, will alllow you to see a list of students that a report card was unable to be generated.
- Select the Grade Level(s) of students to view whom did not receive report cards.
- Select the Mail To criteria of the information desired in the report.
- Select Submit to continue.
The Secondary RC notes below are the requirements the contact must meet for output of the "To" address label:
- Primary Residence For X student, the "To" address label will be based on the Primary Household for which the student resides and there is at least one legal guardian within that household.
- Non-Primary Residence For X student, the "To" address label will be based on any non-Primary household for which the student resides and there is at least one legal guardian within that household.
- Non-Residence For X student, the "To" address label will be based on any non-Primary household for which the student does not reside and there is at least one legal guardian within that household.
Results will display below. With each student an Error Msg will display with why a report card did not print.
To see more ifnormation about the student and the error in question, select the Student ID to be taken directly to where the error is housed.
In the example above, noticed how the error in question was due to lack of legal status assigned to at least one contact. Once the error is corrected, the next print job will include the student as expected.
If there are students not including in the printing job, while the Exception Report can be helpful, you may want to refer to Student Logs.
You can learn more about Student Logs by visiting Student Logs lesson.
Now that you have printed Report Cards, move forward to Transcripts.