This lesson will guide you through the process of running a GPA Ranking list.
Where to Start
1. Click on the Counselor tab.
2. Select GPA Ranking.
Run and store GPA rankings by grade level and or GPA calculation for different timeframes and grading periods.
1. Select the Grade Level you wish to run the GPA Ranking for.
2. Select which GPA Calculation you wish to use.
*Note there are two types of Ranking Strategies, Standard Competition and Dense (Default). To gain more information on which you may want to use, hover over, "What does this mean?"
*Everything else on this page is optional.
3. Select the Session you would like to run the GPA Calculation for, i.e. Semester 1, Quarter 1, As Of Date, etc.
4. Click Rank.
A green message indicating that your GPA Ranking is being processed will flash across the top of the screen.
Next, click on GPA Ranking List.
GPA Rankings List
The GPA Ranking List will store all GPA Rankings with a date and time stamp.
1. To view the ranked list, click View.
Note: That a same GPA will result in a tie ranking. A number in the rank will not be skipped and the next student in the rank will automatically be counted as the next number.
In the example above note that two students have tied with a rank of 4.275 and both are counted as a rank of 9. Rank order number 10 is not skipped and the next student in the list is ranked as number 10.