This lesson will guide you through the process of taking an assessment online and viewing your results from current and past assessments.
How to Access Your Illuminate Home Connection Portal
Open your preferred Internet Browser and visit your school's portal site. Your portal's web address should look something like the following: yourdistrictlname.illuminatehc.com.
1. Select the Student tab.
2. Type in your Student ID and Password. This information is available from your classroom teacher.
3. Click Login.
Your first time logging in you will be prompted to change your password. Contact your teacher if you forget your password.
You will be given a choice when you log in, do you want to continue to your portal or are you logging in to take an assessment?
Click either Continue to Portal or Take Assessment.
1. Main Dashboard is your default view when you sign in. You can click Classes/Grades to view grading data.
2. Assessments shows all Pending Online Assessments displays all assessments available online. Click on the Assignments name or click View All to see all available assessments.
3. Choose a language: English or Spanish.
4. When finished with the portal, always Sign Out.
Taking Your Online Assessment
To take an assessment(s) online, you may do one of the following:
1. Click on the title of the assessment you wish to take under Pending Assessments or view all under Recent Assessments.
1. Here you can see your name.
2. To begin the test, select Begin Test.
3. This area displays all of the assessment information such as title, due date, and the number of questions on the assessment.
4. Sign Out when you need to leave this page or if you are finished with the assessment.
5. Pictures and passages display here. You may use your mouse to scroll up and down through the passage.
6. Here are your questions. Click the bubble to select the best answer choice.
7. You can highlight text using your mouse, just hold down your mouse button and glide over the text you wish to highlight and pick your color. Note- Once you move away from this question, the text will no longer be highlighted. You can also Strike Through and Underline. Also, you can use the Dictionary to Define a word.
8. You can eliminate answer choices by clicking the ABC button at the top right of your page. Click the button then click the answer choices you want to eliminate.
9. This is your Notepad. Click the pad/pencil button to take/access any notes you've taken during the test here.
10. Zoom allows you to make the text bigger or smaller on the page. The Zoom levels are: Normal: 100%, +1: 120%, +2: 140%.
11. Tools- These are any extra tools your teacher has enabled for your use, including calculators, protractor, etc.
12. >> allows you to go to the next question in the assessment. Answer choices will automatically save when Next is selected.
13. Select a question in the dropdown to skip to a different question in the assessment.
14. If you want to flag an item to come back to it later, hit the flag button. This will show up on your final review page to indicate to you that you wanted to return to that item.
15. Progress Bar- This shows you how far along you are in the assessment.
This screen shot is an example of what a non-itembank test looks like, think of it like an online answer document. You will be inputting your answers to go along with a paper copy of a test.
14. Select Review/Finish to review your answer choices and finish your assessment.
15. Review your answer choices. Click on the question number to go back to the question. Note that if you flagged an item to go back to, a little red flag shows at the far right.
16. Select Finish to end your assessment and save your score.
Viewing Your Assessment Results
Once Finish is selected, to view your assessment scores, select Click Here.