This lesson will guide you through the process of creating Performance Band sets which you can use on any assessments.
Where to Start
1. Click on the Assessments tab.
2. Under Performance Band Sets, select Create a New Performance Band Set.
1. Give your Performance Band Set a Name.
When adding a new set of performance bands, the red band shown will be your lowest band which will remain at 0; you can edit the name and color of this band if you would like.
2. Edit the name the performance band (Label).
3. Edit the color of the band by clicking on the color square.
4. Enter the lowest value you want to assign to the band. The 100+ and 0 on your screen will remain static. Upon adding your value, the band will automatically add to the set in the correct spot with its higher band above/lower band below it based on the number you inputted. When you add your first band, it will add to the top automatically.
5. Click Add Band (Optional). It will automatically add to the top of your list.
6. Optional: Mark whether the band is considered Mastery by clicking the checkbox.
7. To delete bands select the trash can icon at the right under Delete.
8. Click Save. Note: You can create multiple bands before clicking submit.
Editing/Accessing Performance Bands
1. Click on your Assessments tab
2. Under Performance Band Sets, select List Performance Band Sets.
You will be taken to your list of performance bands sets, from here:
3. Click on Description of the band set you would like to edit.
4. To duplicate a set, clink on the paper icon.
5. To remove a set, check the Remove box and click Delete.
Sharing Performance Band Sets
You can share your performance bands by user, grade level, department, site, etc.
1. Click on the Share tab at the top of your page.
2. Select the user/level at which you would like to share with from the drop down menu.
3. Some options will populate beneath the drop down menu dependent on the choice you select, click on any that apply.
4. Click Share.
Using Performance Band Sets on an Assessment
Navigate to the Assessment via Assessments > List Assessments > Click Title o the Assessment > Setup > Performance Bands.
You can apply performance bands to the whole assessment or just specific parts/standards. Underneath where you set the performance bands.
1. Select your Performance Band Set from the dropdown menu at the top of the page.
Use the check boxes next to main headings like Assessment, Standards, or Question Groups (if applicable) to check ALL boxes in that section to apply these bands to.
2. Use individual check boxes to select only specified portions of the test that you want this band to apply to.
3. Click Apply.