This lesson will guide you through the process of creating Performance Band sets which you can use on assessments or custom reports.
To set your performance band as the new district default, contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM) or the Illuminate Support Team.
Where to Start
- Click on the Assessments tab.
- Under Performance Band Sets, select Create a New Performance Band Set.
Create a New Performance Band
- Give your Performance Band Set a Name.
- Edit the name of the performance band (Label).
- Edit the color of the band by clicking on the color square.
- Enter the lowest value you want to assign to the band. The 'and above' and 0 on your screen will remain static. Upon adding your value, the band will automatically add to the set in the correct spot with its higher band above/lower band below it based on the number you inputted. When you add your first band, it will add to the top automatically.
- Click Add Band (Optional). It will automatically add to the top of your list.
- Mark whether the band is considered Mastery by clicking the checkbox (optional).
- To delete bands select the trash can icon at the right under Delete.
- Click Save. Note: You can create multiple bands before saving.
When adding a new set of performance bands, the red band shown will be your lowest band which will remain at 0; you can edit the name and color of this band if you would like.
Edit/Delete Existing Performance Bands
- Click the Assessments tab.
- Under Performance Band Sets, select List Performance Band Sets.
- Click on title of the band set you would like to edit.
- To duplicate a set, clink on the paper icon.
- To remove a set, check the Remove box and click Delete.
Use Performance Band Sets on an Assessment
Open an assessment from your list and go to Setup > Performance Bands.
You can apply performance bands to the entire assessment or just specific parts/standards.
- Select your Performance Band Set from the dropdown menu at the top of the page.
- Use the check boxes next to main headings like Assessment, Standards, or Question Groups (if applicable) to check ALL boxes in that section to apply these bands to.
- Use individual check boxes to select only specified portions of the test that you want this band to apply to.
- Click Apply.
- A green success message will appear once the performance band has been applied.
To learn more about customizing assessment settings, visit the lessons in the Assessments for Admin manual.