This lesson will review the requirements of the Notice for the MMSE REED.
The Notice for the MMSE REED is provided to the parent/guardian once the Request, Present Level and Plan sections of the REED have been completed. Notice is provided every time a district is proposing to conduct an evaluation or when a district has determined that no additional evaluations were needed after looking at the present level information.
1. Click on Notice.
1. Select Either,
"A developmental evaluation will be conducted to determine if your child is eligible for special education services;
"You are receiving this because the district reviewed existing evaluation data and determined that no additional evaluations were needed."
2. Click on Save.
1. Add "Options and Other Factors Considered".
2. Add "Reason for Not Selecting".
3. Click on white plus sign in green circle. Add additional Options/Commons and Reasons as appropriate.
4. Select district.
5. Add Person to contact for additional information in understand their rights.
6. Add phone number.
7. Add Method how of the parent were informed of the content of the MMSE REED.
8. Add person informed parents of contents of the REED.
9. Select "Yes" or "Not applicable".
1. Select the Notice Date.
2. Click Save.
The REED Notice Date should be the same date the District Superintendent or Designee signs REED Notice.