This lesson describes how to add a MMSE REED, determine the setting, indicate the purpose, and add knowledgeable individuals (i.e. teachers, district representatives, Speech Language Pathologist, Social Worker, Psychologist, etc.) to the MMSE REED.
This lesson requires that you have selected a student and are viewing a single student's record. If you are unsure how to locate a student, see the "Find a Student" lesson in the Students manual for help. To create a MMSE REED, please open the Special Ed tab and select MMSE REED.
NOTE: Permissions available for the MMSE REED live under Focus Evaluation (MMSE)
Where to Start
1. Click Special Ed.
2. Click MMSE REED.
Enter Setting Information
1. Select the District responsible for referring the student from the drop down menu.
2. Enter the date the Evaluation Plan was completed in the Evaluation Plan Date field either manually or by clicking the calendar icon.
Select Reason for MMSE REED
1. Select the reason for the MMSE REED from the provided list.
2. If Initial is selected, enter the referral source (e.g., Head Start, Early On Coordinator Mrs. Caring, Dr. Smith, etc.) in the Who referred this child? field.
Enter Knowledgeable Individuals
1. In the Service Coordinator field enter the name of the service coordinator.
2. In the Lead Agency Representative field enter the name of the representative.
3. In Special Education Teacher/Provider field enter the name of the special education teacher/provider.
4. In the MET Representative field enter the name of the person able to explain the instructional implication of any evaluations. NOTE: This may be the same person as the Special Education Teacher/Provider.
5. If other knowledgeable individuals are involved, select the individual's role from the drop down and enter his/her name to the right. Click the user's name to add him/her as a knowledgeable individual. The User Other Role option will allow a person not registered in Illuminate to be added to the MMSE REED. However, s/he will not show up as a knowledgeable individual on the MET Page in the MMSE REED process.
Note 1: To remove the added individual simply click on the Red Minus Icon next to the individual's name. Repeat Step 5 until all knowledgeable individuals are added.
Note 2: The Student and Parent/Guardian(s) fields will be automatically populated by default. If the Parent/Guardian(s) field is blank contact your district administrator to link the student to a legal parent/guardian in Student Contacts.
Note 3: All knowledgeable individuals must be tied to individuals registered in the Illuminate Special Education system in order to have them show up on the MET Page in the process. This is to ensure that clean correct data is being entered. If the system cannot find the individual you are searching for:
-Check to make sure the name is spelled correctly.
-If you still cannot locate the individual, contact your district administrator to ensure that the user you are trying to locate has been registered in the system.
Save Your Progress
Be sure all required information has been entered and click Save.
Quick Tip: There are multiple Save buttons listed on the page. Any one of the Save buttons will save the entire page.
Confirm All Information is Correct
After clicking Save the system will inform you of any errors. Make any corrections (e.g., Evaluation Plan Date is a required field) and click Save when finished.
NOTE: Data will ONLY be saved when all errors have been corrected. Upon successful save, a green box indicating Data saved successfully will appear.
You are now ready to enter Present Level information related to this referral. To proceed, click on the Present Level tab.
For more information on how to enter Present Level information see the, "Enter Present Level Information for a MMSE REED" lesson in the "MMSE REED" manual.