This lesson is intended to be a walk-through for closing the MMSE REED.
This lesson requires that the following steps have taken place:
1. You have selected a student and are viewing a single student's record. If you are unsure how to locate a student, see the "Find a Student" lesson in the Students manual for help.
2. A MMSE REED has been created. For information on how to create a MMSE REED, see the "Add a MMSE REED" lesson in the "MMSE REED" manual.
3. Present Level, Plan, Notice, Key Dates and Evaluation Logs have been completed. For information on how to complete these portions of the MMSE REED, see the appropriate chapter in the "MMSE REED" manual.
4. At least one MET Report has been created for the MMSE REED if this was required from the PLAN Page. For information on how to create a MET Report, see the "Create and/or Edit MET Report(s)" chapter in the MMSE REED manual.
After opening a student's record (see the "Find a Student" lesson in the Students manual for help):
1. Click Special Services.
2. Click MMSE REED.
Click Edit to open the MMSE REED for your selected student.
Click the Close tab in the Sub-navigation Toolbar.
Note: Clicking the Close tab does not immediately close the MMSE REED, The Close tab will direct you to a Summary Page that contains the option to Close or Finalize the MMSE REED.
1. Confirm there are no errors listed in any of the sections of the MMSE REED.
2. If there are errors present in any of the MMSE REED sections you will be prompted by red text and a description of the incomplete section similar to that shown in the above image.
3. To correct errors:
A. Return to the tab in the Sub-navigation Toolbar where the errors exist.
B. Address the areas containing missing or incorrect information.
C. Save any changes.
D. Return to the Close tab via the Sub-navigation Toolbar to confirm no additional errors exist
Once all errors have been addressed review the MMSE REED to ensure all information is correct.
Note: Once clicking the link at the bottom of the MMSE REED summary page you will be prompted by a popup box confirming your decision to close the MMSE REED. If you wish to Cancel simply click Cancel and you will be taken back to the Close Details page. By clicking Yes or OK the MMSE REED will officially be Closed/Finalized.
Warning: Closing the MMSE REED cannot be undone.