This lesson will guide you through the steps required to update the permissions needed in order to use the CRDC tool or pull the extracts needed to submit files to the Office of Civil Rights.
Please note that you can submit the whole file at one time, or submit pieces of the file one at a time, just make sure that all required data is submitted by the end of your submission window (75 days from the opening of your submission window).
The 2015-2016 submission window opening in February of 2017 has states staggered as shown below:
Phase 1: East Coast LEAs: Opening February 6, 2017 and closing April 24, 2017
States included in this region: CT, DE, FL, GA, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, PA, RI, SC, VT, VA, DC, and WV
Phase 2: Central LEAs: Opening February 8, 2017 and closing April 26, 2017
States included in this region: AL, AR, IL, IA, KS, KY, LA, MN, MS, MO, NE, ND, OK, SD, TN, TX, and WI
Phase 3: West Coast (Including Mountain, Alaska, and Hawaii) LEAs: Opening February 10, 2017 and closing April 28, 2017
States included in this region: AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, MT, NV, NM, OR, UT, WA, and WY
You will not be able to login for submission until the date the window opens for your region.
Where to Start
- Go to the Admin Cog Wheel.
- Select Permissions.
- Filter for the Site, Role, Site & Role or User you want to give permissions to and press Load.
To learn more about how to assign permissions most efficiently, visit Add or Edit Permissions.
CMD or CTRL +F to search the list of permissions for CRDC. Please note the default permission setting for the tool is No. You’ll need to fill in the “Yes” bubble for each of the permissions you want to assign. There are four permissions.
- CRDC LEA Report Allows the role or user to access the Civil Rights Data Collection LEA Report (run the extract).
- CRDC LEA Data Entry - Allows the role or user to access the Civil Rights Data Collection LEA Data Entry (data entry for the LEA file).
- CRDC School Report - Allows the role or user to access the Civil Rights Data Collection School Report (run the extract).
- CRDC Setup - Allows the role or user to access the Civil Rights Data Collection Setup (data entry for the School File).
You can assign different permissions to different roles depending on whether they will be editing the contents of the extract, or responsible for submitting the extract itself.
Remember to always select Save.
Where Can I Find It?
Once permissions have been enabled, you can confirm the tools are available by visiting the navigation panel.
- Select Reports.
- Within Admin, select Civil Rights Data Collection (CRDC).
Now that you have assigned the necessary permissions to use the tool, take a look at Setup for CRDC and Site Management. These are essential next steps before utilizing the tool.