This lesson is intended to be a walk-through for completing the MET Report. Information about how to add important MET dates, assign primary or secondary disability categories, complete diagnostic assurance statements, and make eligibility recommendations is contained in this lesson.
This lesson requires that the following steps have taken place:
1. You have selected a student and are viewing a single student's record. If you are unsure how to locate a student, see the "Find a Student" lesson in the "Students" manual for help.
2. A referral has been created. For information on how to create a referral, see the "Add a REED" lesson in the "REED" manual.
3. Present Level, Plan, Key Dates, and Evaluation Logs have been completed. For information on how to complete these portions of the REED, see the "Enter Required REED Information" chapter in the "Referral REED" manual.
Where to Start
1. Click Special Ed.
2. Click REED (Referral).
Click Edit to open the REED for your selected student.
Click the MET tab in the Sub-navigation Toolbar.
Edit, View, or Delete MET Report(s)
Select Add or Edit to complete the MET Report.
For more information on how to Add or Edit a MET Report please refer to the "Add, Edit, and/or Delete MET Report(s)" lesson in the "REED" manual.
Example: Cognitive Impairment MET
Enter General Information
1. Using the Date Picker Icon, select the MET Report Date.
2. Indicate type of eligibility determination.
Complete Diagnostic Assurance Statements
Complete the Diagnostic Assurance Statements section by clicking the radio button next to True or False for each applicable statement.
Select Eligibility Recommendations
1. Indicate Eligibility recommendation by clicking on the appropriate radio button.
2. Assign level of disability.
3. Enter name of Attached Report containing data to support the Eligibility Recommendation.
4. Click Save.
Upon successful save, a green box indicating Cognitive impairment saved successfully will appear.
Click the Back button to return to the MET Details page. From the MET Details page you can once again Add, Edit, View, or Delete MET Reports.
Note: Once you have finished entering all MET Reports you are ready to proceed to the next step in the IEP Process. For information on creating an IEP/IFSP, see the "Individualized Education Plan (IEP)" or "Individualized Family Service Plan" manuals.