This lesson describes how to add a REED, determine the setting, indicate the purpose, and add knowledgeable individuals (i.e. teachers, district representatives, Speech Language Pathologist, Social Worker, Psychologist, etc.) to the REED process.
This lesson requires that you have selected a student and are viewing a single student's record. If you are unsure how to locate a student, see the "Find a Student" lesson in the Students manual for help. To create a REED, please open the Special Ed tab.
Where to Start
1. Click Special Ed.
2. Click REED.
Enter Setting Information
1. Select the District responsible for referring the student from the drop down menu.
2. Enter the date the referral was requested in the Request Date field either manually or by clicking the calendar icon.
Select Reason for Referral
1. Select the reason for the referral from the provided list.
2. If Initial is selected, enter the referral source (e.g., Head Start, Principal Barnes, Dr. Smith, etc.) in the Who referred this child? field.
Enter Knowledgeable Individuals
1. In the General Ed Teacher field enter the name of the student's general education teacher.
2. In the District Representative field enter the name of the district's representative.
3. In Special Education Teacher/Provider field enter the name of the special education teacher/provider.
4. In the MET Representative field enter the name of the person able to explain the instructional implication of any evaluations.
5. If other knowledgeable individuals are involved, select the individual's role from the drop down and enter his/her name to the right. Click the user's name to add him/her as a knowledgeable individual. The User Other Role option will allow a person not registered in Illuminate to be added to the REED. However, s/he will not show up as a knowledgeable individual on the MET Page in the REED process.
Note 1: To remove the added individual simply click on the Red Minus Icon next to the individual's name. Repeat Step 5 until all knowledgeable individuals are added.
Note 2: The Student and Parent/Guardian(s) fields will be automatically populated by default. If the Parent/Guardian(s) field is blank contact your district administrator to link the student to a legal parent/guardian in Student Contacts.
Note 3: All knowledgeable individuals must be tied to individuals registered in the Illuminate Special Education system in order to have them show up on the MET Page in the process. This is to ensure that clean, correct data is being entered. If the system cannot find the individual you are searching for:
-Check to make sure the name is spelled correctly.
-If you still cannot locate the individual, contact your district administrator to ensure that the user you are trying to locate has been registered in the system.
Save Your Progress
Be sure all required information has been entered and click Save.
Quick Tip: There are multiple Save buttons listed on the page. Any one of the Save buttons will save the entire page.
Confirm All Information is Correct
After clicking Save the system will inform you of any errors. Make any corrections (e.g., Request Date is a required field) and click Save when finished.
NOTE: Data will ONLY be saved when all errors have been corrected. Upon successful save, a green box indicating Data saved successfully will appear.