This lesson will guide you through the process of taking attendance by seating chart.
To use this feature:
- Teacher must have the Seating Charts permission which allow them to create classroom layouts and arrange students.
- Teacher must have the Take Attendance by Seating Chart permission.
- Teacher must have created Classroom Configuration and Student Arrangement.
Take Attendance by Seating Chart requires that all students have been seated on the Arrange Students page. If any students are left unseated or if a section receives a new student that has not been seated, attendance cannot be taken from this page. Teachers that have inactive students in their sections need to create an extra row of seats and should assign inactive students to those seats. Inactive students will show up in take attendance By Seating Chart page but teachers cannot take attendance for them.
NOTE: Currently there is no ability to save minutes on the Take Attendance by Seating Chart page and therefore this option should not be enabled at sites that utilize hourly positive attendance.
Where to Start
1. Click on Attendance.
2. Under Take Attendance, select By Seating Chart.
3. Select the class Section in which you would like to take attendance for.
4. Select the seating chart view you would like to use to take attendance.
5. Use the + (Present), A (Absent), and T (Tardy) buttons to mark attendance. The system defaults everyone to + (Present).
6. Click Save.
7. If you are utilizing Lunch Counts, enter them here and click Save.