This lesson will help you enter attendance records for an entire section, which you specify, within Illuminate Student Information.
Teacher sections will show in period number order, unless a section is a team teaching class. If more than one teacher teaches a class, that section will show first.
Where to Start
1. Click Attendance.
2. Under Take Attendance, click By Class Roster.
Though the page will default to one of your sections, you may opt to use the Select Section (1) drop-down menu to select another. You may also take lunch count (2).
1. By default, students' attendance will default to present (+). If you mistakenly mark a student as absent or late and want to correct it, simply click the + at the start of his or her row to return the student's record to the present default.
2. Click the A in front of a student's name to mark him or her as absent.
3. Click the T in front of a student's name to mark him or her as late/tardy.
1. Click download to download an Adobe pdf file providing a Weekly Summary or Monthly Summary of attendance.
2. Click a student's name to view his or her Student Profile Report.
3. Click the view link in the summary column after a student's name to view his or her Student Attendance Summary.
When you are finished, click Save.