Illuminate is trying out a new option to support onboarding and training with interactive guides. These interactive guides are searchable so that users can discover them and get help when they need it. This help will be delivered through onscreen support text bubbles. Additionally, the interactive guides are being bundled into onboarding tasks specific to roles used in your schools. Checkout this quick VIDEO to learn more.
Q. I am interested in piloting interactive guide onboarding tasks. How do I get started?
A. Currently we are only piloting onboarding tasks. If you are interested in being a test organization and are willing to provide feedback and are "ok" with things not being perfect, contact email@example.com and let them know you are interested for details.
Q. Why don't I see any interactive guides in the "Task" section of the interactive guide menu?
A. Interactive guide onboarding tasks are linked to Illuminate role names. The role must be named exactly as specified in the table below. If you are interested in piloting the interactive guides contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Q. I don't want to pilot anything. Can I still use the interactive guides?
A. Yes, the interactive guide menu is divided into two sections. Users can always search for the topic that they would like assistance with from the menu even if the onboarding task section is not being used by your organization.
Q. How do I submit enhancement requests for the interactive guides?
A. As an added value Illuminate has purchased a license agreement with a company called WalkMe to create the interactive guides, therefore there is not an official request process for enhancements. If you find that an interactive guide is "broken" please send in the name of the guide and a short description of the step that breaks to email@example.com.
|Interactive Guide Role Name||Description|
|DnA Teacher||Walks DnA teacher users through the basics of navigation, test creation, and scoring options.|
|ISI System Admin||Walks ISI system admin through basic setup functions such as Day Types, Calendar creation, PDF overlay, etc.|
Q. What are the exact tasks that are linked to each onboarding role?
A. Illuminate is constantly making more walk thrus and then linking them to appropriate roles. If you are planning a training session and would like to facilitate using the interactive guides, login as a user who has the role name that you will be training.
Q. How can my organization create our own district specific walk thrus?
A. Unfortunately since Illuminate has a contract with WalkMe and they are our vendor, you will not be able to create your own walk thrus that are specific to your organization.
Q. Why don't I see the same walk thru options in the interactive guide menu as one of my colleagues?
A. We try to limit the interactive guides that you see to the match the permissions that you have in the system. For example if you do not have permission to take attendance we won't display the "Take Attendance" walk thru.
Q. Can my I customize what task are contained in an onboarding package?
A. No, onboarding packages are the same for all clients.
- If you have more tasks you would like your participants to learn, advise them to search for the additional options in the Help tab.
- If you have fewer tasks you would like your participants to learn advise them on what percentage complete they should strive for on their onboarding tracker.
If an interactive guide does not appear to be working as expected try using another web browser i.e., switch from Chrome to Firefox or Safari.
If an interactive guide won't start, click on the Illuminate icon/logo in the upper left hand corner to return to the homepage and try the interactive guide again.
So you have decided to be a pioneer and pilot the interactive guide onboarding tasks. What do you do next?
Onboarding tasks change the role from trainer to facilitator. The tasks remove the expectation or need to be an expert in everthing. Instead, you become a facilitator that leads new users through their onbording journey. All you have to do is make sure you are ready to support the steps.
Step 1: Let Illuminate know that you want to pilot the interactive guide onboarding tasks.
Step 2: Determine which role(s) will use the onboarding tasks.
Step 3: Create a training user affiliated to the appropriate onboarding role (see role table above).
Step 4: Login in as the user to see which tasks are available.
Step 5: Work through all of the tasks from start to finish just like a participant in your training would.
While you work through the tasks:
- Take notes about district specific information that you will want to pass on to users.
- Determine if you will provide any handouts, note taking templates, or other instructions.
- Research any tasks further that you think users may have more detailed questions about.
- Notice that the tasks get crossed off your menu as you finish them. This will happen for all participants too so never complete a task while logged on as a different user or their tasks will already be crossed off.
- If the training will be for onboarding large groups, determine if you will watch any of the videos together as a whole group or if users will be asked to put on headphones.
- Determine if you will use an exit ticket, quiz, or survey post training segments.
- If the focus of the training will be to bring new staff members up to speed in a district that is already using Illuminate and the majority of the users have been trained previously, determine how you will follow-up with the new staff after they have completed their onboarding package.