This lesson details how to create a Lightning Grader Flexible Assessment in DnA. A Flexible Assessment is one that may include multiple choice and constructed response questions. The printed answer documents, both Pre-Slugged (Pre-ID) and Blank will display bubbles for the multiple choice questions and varying sized text boxes for constructed response questions.
When administered, students will fill in the answer sheets, and images of the student’s work will be captured during the grading (via camera or scanner) process. Constructed response can be reviewed and scored in Enter/Edit of the respected assessment.
Where to Start
1. Click on the Assessments tab.
2. Under General, select Create a New Assessment.
1. Select Manual/Hybrid Assessment in the Create a New Assessment window.
2. Input the number of questions and click Okay.
3. Input new assessment details and click Save.
4. Input correct answers in the Answer Key.
5. Check Rubric and input points for a constructed response question. Click Save or Save & Go To Sheet Designer.
Setup the Answer Key
1. Click on the Setup tab.
2. Select Sheet Designer (LiG).
By default, constructed response questions will be displayed as a rubric with bubble point values.
An example of the generated answer sheet is shown below.
1. Constructed response question types with varying text boxes can be selected via the Rubric dropdown.
2. Sentence, Short Answer and Extended Response type questions can have a Blank, Lined or Gridded background selected via the dropdown.
3. Essay questions can also have a Blank, Lined or Gridded background plus be multiple pages per the dropdowns.
An example of a generated Flexible Assessments containing constructed response text boxes is shown below.