This lesson will guide you through the process of reviewing answer sheets scanned by a sheet-fed scanner using Lighting Grader.
Sheets Need Review appears in the status for file uploads for 4 reasons:
- The QR code has writing or is illegible due to the scan.
- The Student ID area has writing or is illegible.
- The answers filled in do not match the expected number of answers (expecting 1 answer but 2 are filled in).
- The assessment includes a constructed response question and the questions needs to be reviewed in order to assign points.
Lightning Grader will notify you if you have sheets uploaded via a sheet-fed scanner that may need review. This notification will appear in the file uploads table as seen above.
1. To review the sheets please click Action and select Review All Sheets.
2. On the review page you can navigate by clicking the arrows back and forth through students.
3. If you would only like to see the sheets that need review, please use the filter, Show Only Sheets Needing Review, to display only those sheets.
Four scenarios will produce notifications that we suggest you review and fix if possible.
1. The Student ID is obscure or does not match a student within the school. First, filter to show only sheets needing review. To fix a Student Id issue, simply select the correct student in the dropdown. As always, ensure you have auto-save selected or click save once the correct student is assigned.
2. The QR code is obscure or cutoff.
If it was an unreadable QR Code then you will be brought to the page above. Click Try Again to open a popup that will allow you to fix this notification.
A Page ID appears on the right side of the page and can be copied and pasted from the Original PDF (you can only copy the page ID from the original PDF). The Code is good for any sheet in the assessment as long as it is the same assessment. Click Try Grading Again and the page will be resubmitted for grading.
3. The answers filled in do not match the expected number of answers, (expecting 1 answer but 2 are filled in).
You can fix the students selection by editing the answer in the text box or you can manually mark the sheet as reviewed if the student did in fact fill in too many answers. Select Mark As Reviewed when complete.
4. The assessment includes a constructed response question and the questions needs to be reviewed in order to assign points.
If your upload produces notifications for every page and there are no constructed response questions on the assessment, please re-scan your assessment and upload the new file. If you continue to have issues with your scans you can always contact support.