This lesson demonstrates how to use the Hall Pass feature. Hall Passes are found when conducting Daily Reconciliation practices and can be created for a single student or multiple students.
Before You Get Started
In order to use Hall Passes, your District System Administrator has to complete the following:
- ADMIN Hall Pass Configuration
- Update and add Hall Pass Types in Code Management
- Verify that the appropriate hardware is available. While multiple printer / label makers may work, the only Illuminate tested option at this time is the DYMO LabelWriter 450 Thermal Label Printer.
Reconcile Attendance Daily
When ready to create Hall Passes, conduct the student search and attendance flag as appropriate such as T for Tardy to retrieve a list for all students who are Tardy and need a Hall Pass.
Yes. To put it plainly, it is for your benefit to reconcile absences. If you don't, the message below will display which prevents you from moving foward with creating the passes.
This message can also display if a template has not been configured.
Where to Start
1. Select Attendance to get started.
From here, there are two options where to use the Hall Pass feature:
2. Under Take Attendance, select By Student.
1. Select the date to create the Hall Pass for.
2. Select Hall Pass.
Generate a Hall Pass
A window will pop-up to create the Hall Pass.
Hall Pass Type must be configured by your District System Administrator or those with permission.
3. Select the Hall Pass Type most appropriate.
4. Enter any additional comments to print on the pass for each student.
5. Select Download to download all passes into a PDF file.
6. Print will prompt your device's printer to print as appropriate using the system's settings.
Print Options include download or print immediately.
When downloading hall passes, file type and where to find them may vary across devices and users.The most common would be that upon clicking download, your Internet Browser's download folder is where the document is stored. When opened, you are able to save to print later, or print from that point using the connected printer to your device.
When Print is selected, the printer available and connected to your device will display and prompt you to confirm print settings.
Learn more about Attendance Reports by visiting U200 Attendance for Office Staff.