Welcome to your FAST starting guide! Please meticulously walkthrough this guide before reaching out to Illuminate or FAST support. At Illuminate we are Illuminate experts but we can also help you with some initial FAST troubleshooting too. That being said, there will be many times when you will want to reach out to FAST directly.
Table of Contents
Who Do I Contact?
For the most part, the Illuminate support team can answer many of your questions. We are happy and willing to jump into FAST with you! You should see us as your first line of support for FAST. That being said, please know that at Illuminate, we are not FAST experts so there will be times when we will direct you to FAST’s support. Some examples of when we might do that are represented in the table below.
Enabling Students for FAST Sign On
Provided you are a system admin and have the ability to see students not rostered to you, your Implementation Manager has sent you a link that you may use to enable the “FastBridge Learning” menu option for students in the student portal.
- Click the link that your Implementation Manager sent.
- Click the check box in the top left corner of the table containing students to select all students.
- Click Enable.
Managing Site/Role Affiliations for FAST Users
Users at your site/district will need to appropriate roles assigned to them in order for them to be able to login to FAST from Illuminate.
To mass assign roles:
1. Click the Admin Gear, then User Management.
2. Select Mass Role Assignment. (Note: You can also edit user roles individually by following this step. Select Edit User from the Actions drop down.)
3. Select Site & Role Affiliation, then Add Role.
4. Add the appropriate FAST role to the user. Based off the role you affiliate to the user, that user will have a different level of access in FAST. See below.
Logging into FAST from Illuminate for School Staff
After FAST has completed setting up your site and you have assigned the appropriate roles to the appropriate users, FAST can be accessed by clicking Assessments > Login to FAST.
Access FAST’s Knowledge Base
FAST, just like Illuminate, has much documentation on how to use the platform. This should be your first stop to answering your FAST questions before contact FAST support.
Once you’ve logged in to FAST you will see a link to the “Knowledge base”. This is where FAST keeps all of their support documentation.
Setting Default Screening Periods
1. Click Assessment Info > Default Screening Periods.
2. Click the pencil icon to edit the screening period, or click the green plus sign to add additional screening periods.
Managing Student Access
There are multiple levels of student access between FAST and Illuminate.
1. Enabling of students within Illuminate: This facilitates the logging into FAST from the student portal.
2. “Manage Student Access” within FAST: This dictates the which assessments will appear for which students upon logging into FAST.
3. Select the group of students (i.e. “roster”) for which you would like to manage student access. Note that you can utilize the schools, grade, and staff drop downs as well as the search box.
4. Individual classes can be edited using the pencil icon to the right of the screen, or groups of classes can be edited using the “Check All” option and then clicking the pencil icon in the header.
5. Choose the assessments you would like to enable for the group of students previously selected. Then set a start date and end date during which time students should see the assessments upon logging into FAST.
Note: Many districts choose to set start and end dates that mirror their terms so as not to micro-manage this process
6. After making your selections, click Save Access.
Logging into FAST from Illuminate for Students
After FAST has completed setting up your site and students have been enabled in Illuminate, and student access has been managed within FAST, FAST can be accessed through the student portal by clicking FastBridge Learning.