Through the use of Pre-Registration and Custom Forms, users are able to provide parents the ability to submit and send digital attachments as part of the form configuration. These files can be seen during the approval process and once approved are stored in Student Custom Form Files.
Student Custom Form Files is an ability attached to the permission called Student Details.
This permission is within the Students module as Student Details.
Before You Get Started
Users can view files or attachments submitted within the pre-registration or custom form tools. Once approved, the files will be stored and can to be viewed outside of the tools themselves.
Prior to approval, the file(s) attached to the form(s) are located within Admin Gear > Manage Pre-Registration Students.
Users with permission can download to review documents in order ot make an appropriate approval selection in relation to the form and District/LEA procedures.
Once pre-registration is approved, the ability to download or view attachments is will be found within Students > Student Custom Form Files.
Prior to approval, the file(s) attached to the form(s) will be located within Admin Gear > Manage All Responses.
Users with permission can download to review documents in order to make an appropriate approval selection in relation to the form and District/LEA procedures.
Once the custom form is approved, the ability to download or view attachments can be found within Students > Student Custom Form Files.
Where to Start
- Select the Students module.
- Under General, select Student Custom Form Files.
By default, the Student Search tool will display students who are currently enrolled. If searching for students with a future enrollment, you will want to change the Status in the search to "Any Enrollment at". This will provide students who have pre-registered, but aren't yet enrolled.
- Search to find and select a student to view custom forms or attachments for.
Already see a particular student? By default, if you have previously searched and viewed student information for a student in your session, you will land on that student's custom form files page.
By default, any and all approved attachments or files are listed for the selected student:
- The Custom Form that the attachment is part of.
- The Page number for which page the attachment is part of.
- Attachment Group is like a folder or group the attachment is housed in.
- File Name is the clickable and original name of the attachment, where when selected it can trigger a download.
- Those with permission can Delete the attachment, if necessary.
If wanting to further filter and refine search results of attachments for this particular student:
- Adjust listed attachments by changing filters such as Custom Form, Page, or Attachment Groups.
- Apply Filters to change the list of attachments in the student view.
- Download all documents, when necessary.
Other tools in this page include:
- Search by keyword, name, etc. using the search bar.
- To view files for a new students, select New Student Search.
Well, that's up to your devices settings and where Downloads are stored. For example, Downloads are triggered to be housed in one's Downloads folder. Other devices may have Downloads stored in a folder or specified by the user such as Google Drive or Dropbox.
Most of the time, if you have not changed your settings, the attachments will download to your Downloads folder.
Talk with your IT Department or a tech friendly colleague to learn more about where your downloaded documents are stored.