This lesson details how to configure your User Specific settings when Camera or Scanner Grading. The settings dictate what camera you use, as well as what you will be prompted for when camera grading or grading from a file (scanner grading).
How Settings Work
There are 3 options for settings that will notify the users based on the answer key and the bubbles filled.
‘Unexpected Blanks’ notifies you when a question is left blank.
Example: Question #1 is left blank (no bubbles are filled).
‘More than Expected Responses’ notifies you if more bubbles are filled than answers required.
Example: Question #1 has answer ‘AB’ and the question is filled in as ‘ABC’.
‘Fewer than Expected Responses’ notifies you if fewer bubbles are filled than answers required.
Example: Question #1 has answer ‘AB’ and the question is filled in as ‘A’.
Where to Start
1. Click on Assessments > Settings OR when grading an assessment via the camera grader you can select Tools > Settings.
2. Both will bring you to a page that has settings options for the camera you are using, whether that is camera grading or scanner grading.
3. The default settings will not notify you of any possible issues until you change them according to your preference. You can check or uncheck your preferred settings and they will be saved in your user preferences. This will save the preferences until you clear your site cookies or cache.
4. You will be notified via a pop-up when camera grading detects any possible issues that you have set to monitor. The popup should look like the image above, and you can select or de-select any answers you see need fixing. Once you are done correcting the assessment click Save, or Discard if you want the student to redo and resubmit the test.
5. Lightning Grader gives you the option to see all the questions as well, and to change them on the spot. To do this, click Show all questions in the pop-up.
6. If you are using “Grade from Scanner” the system will notify you in the table as “x # of Sheets Need Review”. Click the link in the table and you will be able to fix any notifications on the page by inputting the correct answers in the table on the left. See the image below.
If you have any further questions please contact email@example.com.