This step-by-step guide outlines the process of adding additional supported datasets to the nightly import from your student information system.
Core Data Import and Validation, View Core Data Import Logs, Manage Core Data Import Transformations
- If the file is following the Illuminate Core Data Spec, then the Core Data Configuration in Illuminate is already in alignment and you may move on to Step 2. If the file is being created with a different layout, editing the Core Data Configuration in the active automation profile will be necessary to ensure the fields you are including in the file align to the fields in Illuminate. Click here for more detailed information on editing the Core Data Configuration.If you are unsure of the process, review the necessary steps here.
- Upload the file(s) to the SFTP server.
Pro Tip: Remember that the import tool is very strict with the naming convention and files need to be named exactly like the name of each tab in the data spec. For example, if you are adding transcripts to your automation, the file will need to be named transcripts.txt.
- Edit the automation profile to include the new dataset.
- See the current automation profiles by using the Quick Switcher and typing automation profile. You can also navigate to the admin gear and choose Core Data Automation Profiles.
- Type the file name in the Files (1) making sure a comma separates all file names and save your changes.
You've successfully added a new file or dataset to the nightly import. The data will be live after the next scheduled automation.
Pro Tip: It's always best to review your core data import logs to see which files were rejected or errors were generated. That way you can correct the errors in the files and import again to ensure the best possible data is available in Illuminate.
For help with updating your Aeries or PowerSchool extract tool, please contact our data team at firstname.lastname@example.org.