This guide outlines managing aspects of the Core Data Automation Profile Settings; including adding new data sets to the nightly import and editing the import schedule. Adding additional datasets can provide a greater, full-child picture, when combining assessment data with datasets such as attendance and behavior. It's important to configure the import schedule based on when the data can be reviewed by the district.
Required Permissions: Core Data Import and Validation, View Core Data Import Logs, Manage Core Data Import Transformations
Before you Begin
Ensure the file(s) have been added to the SFTP server. To verify the file(s) are available and up to date, visit Connecting Manually to DnA's SFTP server.
The import tool is very strict with the naming convention and files need to be named exactly like the name of each tab in the data specification.
Where to Start
- Go to the Admin Gear.
- Select Core Data Automation Profiles.
- Select Edit under the Actions heading for the desired automation profile.
- Use the Repeat dropdown menu to select a Weekly or Daily import schedule.
- If Weekly is selected, use the checkboxes to select which day(s) of the week the data should import.
- In the Files text box, enter the name of any new files in a comma separated list.
It's always best to review the core data import logs to see which files were rejected or if any errors were generated. This ensures any file issues are addressed before the next import. Visit Reviewing Core Data Import Logs for more information
For help with updating the Aeries or PowerSchool extract tool, please contact our data team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about available files to add to the automation profile, visit Optional Datasets.