Where to Start
To add, edit or delete goal(s) click on Special Ed > IEP Details > Click "Select Action" dropdown > Click "Wizard Quick Resume".
From the IEP Wizard Quick Resume Menu, select IEP Wizard Goal Details.
After clicking on the IEP Wizard Goal Details link on the previous page, the IEP Goal Details page will open. Notice that all areas from the Demonstrated Needs section for which you indicated that the Demonstrated Need must be addressed by Goals/Objectives will appear on the Goal Details page and require that a minimum of one goal and two short term objectives be created for each Goal or Demonstrated Need.
1. Click the Add Goal link to add a goal and objectives to the respective Goal or Demonstrated Need.
2. Click the Already Addressed link to indicate that the Demonstrated Need has already been addressed and Goals/Objectives are not needed for the Demonstrated Need area.
Note: If you click the Add Goal link, you will automatically be taken to the IEP Goal page. If you click the Already Addressed link you will automatically be taken to a page requiring a Satisfaction Description as to why the Demonstrated Need does not need to be addressed by Goals/Objectives. See the following steps for more information on adding goals or entering a Satisfaction Description.
For more information on adding a Benchmark see the "Add Benchmark" lesson in this manual.
Add a Goal
Click the Add Goal link to add a goal and objectives.
1. Indicate the Sort Order Number. This field allows users to ensure that goals appear in a specific order on the PDF form.
2. Select the Role(s) Responsible for this goal. On a PC use Ctrl + Click to select more than one role. On a Mac use Command + Click to multi-select.
3. From the drop-down select how the goals will be addressed (independently, sequentially, or simultaneously).
The following three components will create the goal.
NOTE: Goal = Skills/Behavior/Condition (as meaured by) + Accuracy/Criteria + Timeframe/Date
4. Provide the Skill/Behavior/Condition (e.g., Kailey will read 100 wpm on a grade level DIBELS ORF benchmark as measured by).
5. Add the Accuracy/Criteria (i.e., with 100% accuracy, 5 out of 6 trials, etc.)
6. Indicate when this goal will be achieved by adding Timeframe/Date (i.e., by the end of this IEP, by June 2014, by the end of the first trimester). NOTE: No need to add a period at the end of Timeframe/Date as the system will do this for you on both the Goals page in the IEP process and the IEP PDF.
Search for Standards
1. Input a Keyword that is in the standard that you are searching for.
2. Select a Bank of Standards (e.g., Common Core, Behavior Curriculum, Grade Level and High School Content Expectations, etc.)
3. Select the Subject Area (e.g., English, Math, College and Career Readiness and K-12 English Language Arts, etc.)
4. Select the Grade Level for the standard.
Note: Subject Areas are dependent on the Standard Bank that was selected. Also, you must have a Keyword if you are not planning on using all three filters (Select Bank, Select Subject Area, and Select Grade Level).
Hint: If you are having trouble finding a standard, try deleting the Keyword and placing a blank space in the Keyword box (delete the word and hit the space key on your keyboard). From there you should select the Bank and Subject Area you are looking for as well as the Grade Level. Click Search and this will bring up a list of all of the standards available from the specified bank, subject area, and grade level.
Click Expand All or the Plus Icon next to the desired area.
Once you have located an appropriate standard click the Radio Button to select the standard.
1. Click Save Standard.
2. Click Save Goal.
Edit, View, and/or Delete Goals
1. Click the Edit Goal link to edit a goal.
2. Click the View Goal link to view the goal in a read-only format.
3. Click the Delete Goal link to remove a goal.
Once you have added a goal area on the IEP Wizard Goal Details page, you are ready to proceed to Add Short-Term Objectives.
Click the Add Short-Term Objective link to continue to add a MINIMUM of two short-term objectives for EACH Goal or Demonstrated Need area on the IEP Wizard Goal Details page. For more information on how to add short-term objectives see the, "Add, Edit, and/or Delete Short Term Objectives" lesson in this manual.