This lesson reviews permissions for users to view, manage, approve, and have access to Online Pre-Registration for new or incoming students. You can also enable internal alerts or notifications to be notified of incoming registrations.
Below is the list of Online Pre-Registration permissions. New permissions are denoted by (New) next to the title.
- Description: Enables the menu of permissions and tools in support of the pre-registration process
- Function: This should allow a user to see links to Pre-Registration under the cog wheel.
- This should replace the existing "Manage Pre-Registration" permission. A user should have this permission in order to have other pre-registration permissions
View Pre-Registration Forms (New)
- Description: Allows a user to view a list of Pre-Registration forms.
- Function: This should allow a user to view a list of pre-registration forms, and the fields in these forms. If a user clicks into a form with this permission only, then they should view that form as read only.
Edit Pre-Registration Forms (New)
- Description: Allows a user to create, manage/edit, delete, and duplicate pre-registration forms.
- Function: This should allow a user to create new pre-registration forms, as well as edit, delete, and duplicate forms. If the user has this permission, they should also automatically have the view permission as well.
Manage Pre-Registration Setup
- Description: Allows a user to manage when pre-registration occurs and with which forms.
- Function: This should allow a user to create and edit pre-registration setups.
This replaces the existing "Manage Setup Pre-Registration Setup" permission.
Change Pre-Registration Setup Form
- Description: Allows a user to makes changes to the form in an existing pre-registration setup, even if data has already been submitted by a parent. Please use this permission with caution, as this can cause data loss and corruption.
- Function: This should allow a user to change a form on a pre-registration setup after data has already been submitted for that setup.
This should replace the existing "Change Pre-Registration Setup Form" permission
Initiate Pre-Registration for a Student
- Description: Allows a user to initiate Pre-Registration within the Create a New Student page, starting them with the Registration Builder to pre-register the student and providing the parent information to continue the process online.
- Function: This should allow a user to initiate the hybrid pre-registration process.
This replaces the existing "Add Pre-Registration" permission.
View Pre-Registration Responses for a Student
- Description: Allows a user to view a pre-registration form and information submitted, but not approve or change the status of the registration.
- Function: This should allow a user to view a read only version of pre-registration form responses. We should show them the summary view of the form, and not allow them to set a status.
This replaces the existing "Review Pre-Registration" permission.
Approve Pre-Registration Record
- Description: Allows a user to approve pre-registration and automatically enroll the student to the selected school, as well as update the status of or decline the registration.
- Function: This should allow users to update the status of a pre-registration, or approve or deny it.
This should replace the existing "Approve Pre-Registration" permission.
Delete Pre-Registration Record for a Student
- Description: Allows the user to remove or delete the pre-registration record for a student.
This replaces the existing "Delete Pre-Registration" permission.
View Pre-Registration Audit Logs
- Description: Allows the user to view the Pre-Registration Audit Log, a report on information submitted, changed, and approved throughout the pre-registration process.
This replaces the existing "View Pre-Registration Logs" permission.
- Navigate to Admin Cog Wheel > Permissions.
- Select Administration Module for the module/category.
- Select a scope, and click the Load button.
- The Administration module must be enabled.
- Scroll down to the “Pre-Registration” permissions, and set as desired.
You can review how to best use the permissions page by visiting Add or Edit Permissions.
When notifications are enabled, parents will receive emails when a Pre-Registration form is initially sent out, as well as when there are updates to statuses. Admins will receive in-app notifications as well as emails when a Pre-Registration Form is ready for review.
How to Enable Pre-Registration Notifications
- Make sure that admin notifications are enabled by navigating to Control Panel > Notification Preferences. Enable Email and In-App notifications for Pre-Registration.
- Initiate Pre-Registration for a new student using any Pre-Registration method, and complete the necessary steps to work on a Pre-Registration form. For more information, please see our Pre-Registration FAQ.
- Submit the Pre-Registration form you started in step 2.
- You should receive an email and an in-app notification letting you know that a form is available for review. In app notifications can be found by clicking the bell icon in the top right corner, next to 'Dashboard'. Clicking a notification will take you to the form.
- Each status change made to the Pre-Registration Form from the admin side will result in an email notification sent to the parent, and each update made to the form from the portal side will result in an email and in app notification sent to the admin.
Only users with the “View Pre-Registration Responses for a Student” permission have the ability to receive notifications for Pre-Registration forms.
Those with appropriate permissions can receive email notifications, as well as in-app notifications. The following screenshots are examples of an email notification and in-app notification.
The following screenshots are examples of the email notifications sent to parent users:
Now that your users are ready to use and manage Online Pre-Registration, get started by visiting Pre-Registration FAQ.