This document will assist you in importing program data from your current student information system into Illuminate.
View student program enrollment, View Student Learning Assistance Program (LAP), View Student Enrollment History, View lunch program details for students, View 504 Accommodations, Modify Language Programs Data, Edit student program enrollment
Important Things to Note
- A unique program record is determined by the following four fields together: Import Student ID, Program ID, Program Start Date, and Site ID.
- While Site ID is not a required field for import, it is required for our ISI California clients, as it is a requirement for CALPADS reporting.
- Did you know that you can exit students from program records with an import? As long as the four fields defined above in a programs.txt file you are importing match a student’s program record in Illuminate, adding a value for Program End Date will close out that record
- If any of the four fields (Import Student ID, Program ID, Program Start Date, and Site ID) for a student program record in Illuminate do not match a record in your import file that you are trying to end, that will result in a duplicate record getting created in Illuminate.
- The required fields are the absolute minimum requirements. However, the more data that you provide, the more comprehensive your data in Illuminate will be. Why not include all available data?
- First things first, assign yourself, or the person managing the programs import, the appropriate permissions listed above.
- Review the codes in the Student Programs code table in code management (Admin Gear > Code Management). The values you need to include in column 7 should match the code keys in this code table.
504 Plan Student Demographic Ribbon Alert
- This alert will show in a student’s demographic ribbon, once enabled, if the student has active enrollment in a 504 program. A 504 program record will need to be imported in your programs.txt using a code with the system key ‘504_plan’ in the Student Programs code management table.
Meta Data for Custom Reporting
- The meta data will need to be installed by our team. Notify your implementation manager or our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enable the Students: Students: Programs category in Manage Custom Reporting Data and share that category with the appropriate people.
Student Programs Page
- The widget will need to be enabled by our team. Notify your implementation manager or our support team at email@example.com.