This lesson will guide you through the process of grading a constructed response item that was on an assessment administered online. This means that students typed in a response, which Illuminate stores, but does not grade for a user. The user must manually enter these scores.
There are two ways to see these scores for grading.
Where to Start
1. Select the Assessments tab.
2. Click List Assessments.
3. Once in your list of assessments, find the assessment you need to grade responses for, click on the title.
Entering Data for a Constructed Response
1. Use the dropdown menus to specify what students you want to enter data for.
2. Click Find Students.
Entering Constructed Response Data using the Grid
1. Once you've followed steps 1-5 under 'Where to Start', select Constructed Response at the top of your page. .
This view will show you a list of your students, scoring column, and the student response to the question.
1. Read the students response.
2. If you need to review the question and scoring rubric, click on Question Info and the question/rubric will show in a pop up window.
3. To make annotations on the text that will display in the Student Portal for Assessment Review, select a word(s) and use the pop up box tools to leave quick corrective notes, or click on 'Write' (Red 'Write' will display as a negative comment, Green 'Write' is a positive comment) to write your own comment on the response.
4. Input the student's score in the scoring column.
5. Make sure to Save as you go if Autosave is not selected.
6. To navigate to another Constructed Response item, simply use the Arrow keys at the top of the page.
7. Optional: You can enter a Comment for the student here that will display to them when they are reviewing an assessment in their student portal.