This lesson will guide you through the creation of Tile Dashboard Layouts. This feature allows an Admin user, or anyone with the permission, to create tile layouts and push them out to select users using the same type of sharing permissions we have for assessments, custom reports, etc.
Required Permission: Push Tile Layouts to users
1. Less is more - Don't overwhelm users with too many tiles, only those that are truly important to their role. Also, less is more not only for the end users, but also for you as Admin, you don’t want to be managing too many tile layouts.
2. Tiles pushed out by an Admin will not overwrite tiles created by individual users. However, Admin created tiles will take precedence and appear at the top.
3. Users can only delete tiles that have been shared if the permission “Can Customize” was checked, if the permission “Can View” was checked, then the tiles will be locked.
4. We recommend staying away from sharing “time sensitive” tiles because that will lead to more management for you as Admin. For example, if there is a Math Fall Benchmark assessment that needs to be administered the first week of October. It’s nice to push that tile out to users, but you are then creating another workflow for you in that you have to remember to remove that tile. So in that instance, you may want to consider creating a more general tile that links to all the benchmark assessments instead of one specific assessment.
Where to Start
1. Click on the Administration Gear.
2. Under Other, select Tile Layouts.
Tile Layouts List
Once you've clicked on Tile Layouts, you will land on the List page. This is where all of the layouts you create will live. From this page you can:
1. Create a New Layout.
2. Click on the name of a layout to immediately edit it.
3. Click Action to Edit, Share, or Delete the layout.
Once you've clicked New Layout from the List page, you will be taken to the Configure Tile Layout page.
1. Give the new layout a name.
2. Click Add a New Tile.
Adding a Tile:
1. Give the tile a Name.
2. Select an icon for the tile.
3. Select the URL you wish this tile to link to, this can be within Illuminate or an outside link (i.e. District website, etc.).
4. Give the tile a color.
5. When this tile is clicked, do you want it to open in a new window? Check this box if so.
6. You can also select pre-made tiles which are already linked to areas within Illuminate (i.e. Create an Assessment, List Assessments, etc.)
7. Click Save when finished.
8. If you would like to delete any tiles, simply click the trash can icon on the tile. To edit, click on the pencil icon. To re-order tiles, simply click and drag.
9. Once you've added all the tiles you wish to add at this point, click Save Layout.
Note, you can also Share Layout and Delete Layout from this page.
You can delete a layout in 2 places, the first is from the List page. Click Action > Delete. Or click to edit a layout, on the configuration page you will see a Delete Layout button.
Once either delete is selected, you will have to confirm that you wish to delete the layout, if you are sure, click Delete.