This lesson will guide you through the process mass updating attendance records. This allows Attendance Clerks the ability to quickly populate a list of students (via all or individual Attendance Flags) in a given time frame to allow for mass editing of attendance flags or to make comments.
This tool is not designed to work with any site using hourly positive attendance programs.
1. Click on the Attendance tab.
2. Under Take Attendance, select Mass Attendance Updates.
3. Use the filters to select the students you would like to populate the Absence Reconciliation list.
4. Select the Attendance Flag you would like to search by, or use the default 'All'.
5. Attendance Date Range- Select the date range in which you would like to edit attendance for.
6. When finished with your selections, click Find Me Some Attendance.
1. Check All- This will select all students on the list.
2. Flag- Use the dropdown to select the Attendance Flag you want to show for an individual student.
3. Comment- Input a comment for the student by typing in the Comment box.
4. Fill Down- This allows users to input one Attendance Flag/Comment for all students or just blank. (See next step)
5. Click on the Contact to access Contact comments (if applicable a small conversation box will display next to their name in a pop up window. See below 'Fill Down'.
This page will only display the Primary Contact, however, if a user wants to see other contacts listed for the student, these can be viewed by clicking on the black 'i' next to the contact name.
If Fill Down is selected, a pop up box will display. This allows you to select the flag you want to mass apply as well as any comment you want to mass apply. (ie. Field Trip/School Function with comment- JV Boys Basketball Game). Make sure you have selected the students you want this to mass apply to. You can also chose to 'Filldown blanks only' if you have already made individual edits. When done, select Fill Down.
Click on the conversation bubble icon to access the Contact Comment. When finished, click X to collapse the pop up window.
Once all edits have been made, click Save at the top or bottom of your screen.
To view previous logs on changes to attendance, click on the little "bubble" icon next to the attendance flag dropdown. To close, select Close at the bottom of the box.
Once saved, you will receive a the confirmation message "Student Attendance Saved".
To delete attendance:
1. Select the checkboxes next to the records you wish to delete.
2. Click on the ... button and press Delete Selected.
3. You must click all the checkboxes to continue.
4. If you are sure you'd like to delete these records, click Delete Attendance.
A pop-up will display showing you the status of the deletion process. As stated, please DO NOT close or refresh this page while the deletion is in process.
For additional resources on Attendance, see Illuminate U's lesson: U151 More Attendance for Office Staff.