This Illuminate U! lesson will focus on scanning using Lightning Grader for On the Fly Assessments!
For On The Fly success, first you start with generic answer sheets that can be used for most formative moments in your classroom:
- Laminate the answer sheets to be used again, providing students' with a dry-erase marker
- Place answer sheets in sheet protectors, providing student's with a dry-erase marker
Printing Options include:
- Pre-Slugged, Blank, or Preview Mode
- Number of Questions/Items
- Advanced Options such as Multiple Sheets per page, bubble sizes, and customizable header/footer
To learn more about Printing Answer Sheets, visit Print Answer Sheets.
Scanning starts with a camera and an answer key! Make sure to:
- Have a camera or area ready that you have scanned before
- Test the camera beforehand to make the On the Fly experience more delightful
- Enter the answers as appropriate
- Teacher-Graded items are ok, but will just come up as blank for you to score later
Results are temporary! Once scanning is done, confirm your next step:
- Use the data in the moment and navigate away which will lose any scanned data and not save
- Save as an Assessment to be used and reviewed later as a saved assessment
- Push to Gradebook to create an assignment with scores as scanned
To learn more about On the Fly, visit Scan Student Responses On the Fly with Lightning Grader (LiG) and Creating an On The Fly Assessment.
Now that you have reviewed On the Fly, check out U355 Start Scanning Assessments with Lightning Grader (LiG) to learn more about scanning assessments with Lightning Grader.