This Illuminate U! focuses on learning how to print, scan, and review Manual, Hybrid, or Itembank assessments using Lightning Grader (LiG) scanning!
For scanning success, first you start with a specific answer sheets from an assessment you have created and stored in Illuminate:
- Manual/Hybrid as long as there are no number grid items, or
- Itembank Assessments as long as there are no technology enhanced items
Printing Options include:
- Pre-Slugged, Blank, or Preview Mode
- Number of Questions/Items
- Advanced Options such as Muliple Sheets per page, bubble sizes, and customizable header/footer
To learn more about Printing Answer Sheets, visit Print Answer Sheets.
Scanning starts with a camera and an answer key! Make sure to:
- Have a camera or area ready that you have scanned before
- Test the camera beforehand to make the On the Fly experience more delightful
- Enter the answers as appropriate
- Any items labelled Rubric/Constructed Response will be scanned and stored for later review
Results are instant! Because this is a saved assessment, results as they are scanned are saving to the assessment:
- Push to Gradebook to create an assignment with scores as scanned
- Review Students Work by visiting Enter/Edit
- Navigate to the assessment's Overview page to get a more detailed story about the administration
- Visit the assessment's Reports page for even more reporting options
To learn more about Manual/Hybrid/Itembank assessments, visit Creating a Manual Assessment and Scan Student Responses Manual/Hybrid Assessments with Lightning Grader (LiG)
Got Teacher-Graded items? Of course you do!
- Review Student Work once student answers have been scanned or entered using the Enter/Edit page
- Grid provides a quick spreadsheet view to easily assess but not see student work
- By Question can be filtered by Constructed Responses to only see work to be evaluated by a teacher, following the rubric as entered in the answer key
- By Student will show all items on the assessment and can also can be filtered by Constructed Responses to only see work to be evaluated by a teacher, following the rubric as entered in the answer key
- Auto-Save is enabled to automatically save any changes
To learn more about Reviewing Student Work, visit Enter, Edit or Delete Student Responses Manually
Did you notice you can push assessment scores to Gradebook? Check it out and learn more at U400 Gradebook!