Who should be involved in this validation
- Illuminate Data Lead
- Site level-Elementary Front Office/Principal
- Site level-Secondary Master Scheduler i.e. Councilor, VP
This is the first file import for Scheduling! As you are aware, the Mastschd.txt is a requirement in order for Roster.txt to be imported; therefore, errors and inaccuracies here WILL impact the success of your roster.txt. To view any imported Master Schedules, remember that you will have to change your Control Panel to the specific site that you want to review. To verify the success of your mastschd.txt import, you will need to review several scheduling reports, as outlined below. There may be other reports you should run that would be helpful; please take the time now to build those as custom reports or contact your IM for further assistance.
AVC 1 (Section Accuracy)
To begin validating the accuracy of your Master Schedule import, you should start with the Master Schedule Board. Remember, if roster.txt has not been brought over, no students will appear on the board.
- First, let’s validate the sections that have been loaded via the Board. To get to the Board, click on Scheduling>>The Board. *Note: You can also navigate the system using the Quick Switcher. If you are using a PC, hit CTRL and the letter K on your keyboard. If you are using a Mac, hit command and the letter K. Next, you will see a pop-up modal on your screen. Next, you will see a pop-up modal on your screen. Type the menu heading or task you want to complete, in this case you would type “The Board”.
- Once you have loaded on the Board, click on on the right hand side of the screen.
- This next screen will display all a list of your teachers down the left hand side (y-axis) and timeblocks/periods across the top (x-axis). This will enable you to see all of your teacher’s sections and placement. Please compare your teacher section placement with your current SIS.
- Next, it’s time to validate the accuracy of timeblocks and student placement (if roster.txt has been brought in). To get to the Board, click on Scheduling>>The Board.
- Once you have loaded on the Board, click on on the right hand side of the screen. This will pull you down to the bottom of the page where total students scheduled by grade and period will appear. Please compare these numbers with the numbers from your current SIS.
AVC 2 (Job Share Teachers)
After your confirmation of section and timeblock placements, it is important to confirm the accuracy of your Job Share teachers. To do this please go to Scheduling>>Live Sections.
- Once on the Live Sections screen, you can use the Teacher ID dropdown to find the teacher(s) who are actively Co-teaching/Job-share.
- After selecting the Teacher’s name and clicking search, you can then click on the edit icon to view the section. Once the section has opened, up at the top of the white page, click where it says Edit Teacher. This will enable you to view to see if both users are set as Teachers for the section. Remember, only one teacher can be set as primary for reporting purposes.