In the Itembank, passages can be created and linked to items/questions. If you choose to, you have the option to contribute your passage to the public item bank so that it can be accessible to all Illuminate Itembank users. This lesson shows you the steps to create a paired or triplet passage and associate it to a bank.
Where to Start
1. Click on the Assessments tab.
2. Under Itembank, click Visit Itembank.
Create New Passage
1. Click Create.
2. Next, click New Passage.
3. Select Next.
Note: You can also visit the Items tab, and go to the My Passages sub-tab to create a passage.
1. For Passage Type choose Passage Group (Paired/Triplet Passage). To add a single passage see "Create a Passage" lesson.
2. Give the passage a title.
3. Click Teacher Instructions to type Teacher Instructions (e.g. Read the passage aloud to your students) if applicable.
4. Click Save & Continue.
1. Go to Step 2 Details tab.
2. Choose the bank where the passage will belong. The Public item bank is an Illuminate Education community-driven bank where passages contained in that bank accessible to any user. If you only want your passage available to you, choose -None-. Districts may create their own banks to add to this list. Please contact customer service for assistance.
3. Attributes- Select the Language used in the passage (i.e. English or Spanish). The red asterisk (*) next to this indicates this field is required. Display Passage Titles- Do you want all system passage and section titles to appear? The red asterisk (*) next to this indicates this field is required. You can also give your passage a Category, Original Author, Copyright Owner, Word Count, Media Type, etc. However, these are all optional.
4. Click Save.
Publish is the final step of the passage group creation process. Prior to publishing, if you would like to make changes to your passage group, go to the appropriate tab to make your edits. When you are sure that your passage group is in final form and can be made available to link to items, click Publish.
Note: Once a passage group is published, it will be locked from further editing. To edit the passage group after it has been published, a new revision must be created.
The Revisions tab lists all versions of the passage group (including the master passage group) that has been revised once published. Once a passage group is published and added to an item, any further revisions of that passage will not be updated for that item. When adding a passage with several revisions, the most recent revision will be used.
To view a passage group revision, click on the number. To revise a passage group, click Create New Revision.
See the any ofd the "Create a ....... item" lessons to build an item and link a passage to the item.