This article will walk through general information about LRE (Least Restrictive Environment)/ Instructional Setting, how its calculated and how to override.
Least Restrictive Environment/Instructional Setting is calculated based on the following:
1. The student's enrolled site Instructional Weeks and Total Building Clock Hours. (This can be added and/or found by editing the Site in Site Management.) NOTE: If you are missing the Instructional Week and Total Building Clock Hours then the LRE cannot be calculated correctly.
2. The Total Hours/Time Away from General Ed per Week for all of the student's program(s)/service(s) being provided.
All students' LRE/Instructional setting defaults to "Automatically Calculated".
This would be used for students who are enrolled in Early On, PreK (3-5 program) or a unique K-12 setting.
1. Search and find the student whose LRE needs to be manually adjusted.
2. Go to Student Demographic Details.
3. Head to the bottom of the page and edit the Instructional Setting. NOTE: The default is "automatically calculated".
4. Click Save.