This lesson will guide you through the process of selecting recipients for Custom Forms. These are contacts you wish to have fill out information via the Home Connection Portal.
Before You Begin
The Custom Form tool finds recipients and sends forms using an email account. While the form is completed in the portal, parents are notified via email that a form is available to them. Therefore, a contact is required to have an email address in order to send a custom form.
Create a custom report to find contacts without an email address. This can now be used to connect with those contacts and update their information.
Where to Start
1. Click on the Admin Gear.
2. Under Custom Forms, select Find Custom Form Recipients.
To send a form to a contact, you must find Recipients. Recipients must have an email address in order to receive a form.
1. Click Create Recipient Group.
2. Select which Custom Form you're creating a recipient group for.
3. Select the Site.
4. Select the Academic Year.
5. Select Date Available/Expiration Date. This is the date the form will be available and the last date the form will be accessible to recipients.
6. Press Create and Continue >.
7. Use the filters at the top of the page to narrow down your results.
8. Click Find Recipients.
9. Click the checkbox next to the contact's name that you'd like to receive the form. Click Select All to select all the recipients, or Select Page to select just this current page of recipients.
10. Click Send Form or Find New Recipients.
Note: If a form is sent to multiple contacts for the same student during the same form window, the first contact to submit the form will "own" it through the rest of the workflow. The other contacts will no longer have the form available after that point.
The system will not allow the same form to be sent to the same contact for a student if there is any overlap in the form window. If this form has already been sent to selected contacts during this window, you will receive the message pictured above.