In DnA, Prebuilt Reports provide you with access to reports that are prebuilt (and easy to run) to fulfill popular needs.
Where to Start
1. Click on the Reports tab.
2. Click View Reports (Prebuilt & Custom Reports).
Select a Report
You will now see all your reports (i.e., pre-built reports, reports you created, and reports others created and shared with you) listed at the bottom of your screen. Note some things you may choose to do:
1. You will probably want to use filters to more easily find the report you want. Click on the + sign to see the options. The next step will show you how to do this.
2. Click any report's title to open/access it. You can also click Preview to see bigger images of the report and access the Report Abstract for more information.
3. If you want to only list reports that contain a particular word or phrase, type it in the Search field and give the list a moment to update.
4. If a report has been marked as a Favorite, you will see the gold star.
Options for filtering the Reports list:
Report Type- Are you looking for A Prebuilt or Custom Report? What about reports you've 'Favorited'? Click on the checkbox(es) next to what type you're looking for.
Audience- Who is going to be using this report? Teachers, Administrators, Parents, Counselors, Front Office Staff, etc? Click on the checkbox(es) next to whom the audience is.
Categories- Are you looking for Assessment reports? (If so, are they Internal, National or State?) Behavior reports? Grade reports? Etc. Click on the checkbox(es) next to the category of reports you're looking for.
Sort By- You can sort this list by Most Recent (Viewed), A-Z, Z-A, or Report Type by selecting one from the dropdown menu.
Work from left-to-right when making selections from drop-down menus.
1. Depending on the report you select, you will see a variety of drop-down menus from which you can make more specific selections to narrow down the results contained in the report. You may get as specific as you like. Work left-to-right, as sometimes your selections populate other drop-down menus to the right of them.
2. Select a Department, Course, Teacher, Class or Student if you want to narrow your results. You can select more than one in each area if you desire.
3. After you are pleased with your selections, click View in browser to see the data live in your web browser or Download to PDF/Excel if you want to save the report.
After exploring all the prebuilts available, you might want to also build custom reports. The lesson "Create a Custom Report" will help you accomplish this.