This lesson guides users through the available tools for creating a New Item Bank item. Use these tools to enhance your items with tables, text styling, and more.
Where to Start
- Go to Assessments.
- Select Browse Item Bank.
- Select Create Item.
Select into the Stem or Answer Choices of the question to access the tool bar.
Select the table icon to create a table within the item.
- Select the + to add a row and X to remove a row.
- Select the + to add a column and X to remove a column.
- Select the table icon with the x to delete the entire table.
- Select the image or math icon to add to the selected space within the table.
- Select the B to bold the text.
- Select < > to create a
- Select the I to italicize the text.
- Select the T to strike through the text.
- Select the U to underline the text.
Select the image icon to upload an image.
- The image uploads at 100% of its original size. Use the 25%, 50%, and 75% to automatically resize the image as needed.
- Select the trash can to delete the image.
Select the film icon to embed a video.
- Enter a URL from YouTube or Vimeo.
- Adjust the width and height of the video if needed.
- Enter Start and End times (in seconds) to initially load a specific segment of the video. Leaving the start and end at 0 plays the entire video.
- Select Insert to embed the video.
If a Start and/or End time are entered, the entire video can still be accessed by students.
Select the audio icon to embed an audio file.
- Enter a URL from SoundCloud.
- Select Insert to embed the audio file.
Select the sigma icon to add math symbols and/or equations.
Select any needed math symbols to create equations or other math prompts. Select the green checkmark to insert selected symbols.
Create a bulleted or numbered list by selecting the respective list type.
- Bulleted list
- Numbered list
To learn more about creating items, visit Create Item Bank Items.