This lesson guides users through the available tools for creating a New Item Bank item. Use these tools to enhance your items with tables, text styling, and more.
Where to Start
- Go to Assessments.
- Select Browse Item Bank.
- Select Create Item.
Select into the Stem or Answer Choices of the question to access the tool bar.
Select the table icon to create a table within the item.
- Select the + to add a row and X to remove a row.
- Select the + to add a column and X to remove a column.
- Select the table icon with the x to delete the entire table.
- Select the image or math icon to add to the selected space within the table.
- Select the B to bold the text.
- Select < > to create a
- Select the I to italicize the text.
- Select the T to strike through the text.
- Select the U to underline the text.
Select the image icon to upload an image.
- The image uploads at 100% of its original size. Click on the image and click and drag the blue bar to automatically resize the image as needed.
- The image defaults to being left justified. Select center or right to chance the justification. Select Alt text to add alt text to the image, which can be used with screen readers.
- Select the trash can to delete the image.
Select the film icon to embed a video.
- Enter a URL from YouTube or Vimeo.
- Adjust the width and height of the video if needed.
- Enter Start and End times (in seconds) to initially load a specific segment of the video. Leaving the start and end at 0 plays the entire video.
- Select Insert to embed the video.
If a Start and/or End time are entered, the entire video can still be accessed by students.
Select the audio icon to embed an audio file.
- Enter a URL from SoundCloud.
- Select Insert to embed the audio file.
Select the sigma icon to add math symbols and/or equations.
Select any needed math symbols to create equations or other math prompts. Select the green checkmark to insert selected symbols.
Create a bulleted or numbered list by selecting the respective list type.
- Bulleted list
- Numbered list
To learn more about creating items, visit Create Item Bank Items.